Sunday, November 17, 2013

Thor: The Dark World

I went to go see this the day it came out, my friends and I have a soft spot for superhero movies and were really anticipating this movie. This movie picks up right around where The Avengers left off, I won't spoil that ending for those who haven't seen it. While I did enjoy the first Thor, I felt that it was very obligatory in setting up for everything in The Avengers. I actually happened to like this sequel much more than the first, which is a very rare thing for a movie. While this movie was pretty predictable, it was still enjoyable and entertaining. Darcy (played by Kat Dennings) and Loki (played by Tom Hiddleston) are the most entertaining and most fleshed out characters, and they are the characters that really are the best part of this movie.

My only real negative comment, other than this film's predictability, is the big fight at the climax. I won't reveal much, but I'll just say that I found it much more comical and slightly stupid than the seriousness that I believe it was supposed to be. Overall though, I found this movie to be better than the original and pretty entertaining. I would recommend watching the original Thor and The Avengers to make sure you are caught up with the characters and the plot. Also, stay until the end of the credits. Marvel movies like to add scenes in and after the credits to set up future films. I would recommend this movie to anyone who enjoys superhero movies.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npvJ9FTgZbM

No comments:

Post a Comment