Sunday, July 13, 2014

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

After seeing this movie I have to say that I liked this one a lot more that the first (Captain America: The First Avenger). It had a much more detailed and entertaining plot and the characters that were returning really grew and new characters were well-developed.

While the first Captain America film was mostly a set up for The Avengers, this sequel really aimed to show Steve Rogers (played by Chris Evans) more transitioned into modern society. What I also enjoyed about this movie was how the plot focused on a much more realistic idea: government corruption and paranoia, which are things we all fear and read about in our modern society. Instead of having one major big bad villain, it's a bit more complicated, which is something you don't see a lot in superhero movies today and was something I really enjoyed in watching this movie.

What I will say is that I recommend watching the first Captain America film before watching this one. There are a lot of plot points and other references that are made that watching the first film will help make more sense of. The other thing I would say is that I saw this movie in 3D, and the 3D didn't really do anything or add anything special to to film. I know that this movie is now out of theaters, but I would say that I wouldn't waste money on the 3D version.

Overall, I definitely think this Captain America film is a real step up from the first one and may be one of the best movies that has been put out by Marvel in recent years. I would really recommend watching it if you get the chance, it has a great amount of action that is equally equated with a well-developed set of characters and plot. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good action movie or someone who really enjoys superhero movies.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SlILk2WMTI

No comments:

Post a Comment