Sunday, December 15, 2013

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2

I really enjoyed the first film (see my review below, or click the "Cloudy" tag at the bottom of this review to see both reviews), so I was pretty excited to see the sequel. This film basically picks off right where the first one ended, but it does back up a little so that way you can quickly catch up to what is going on.

While I did enjoy this film, I will say that the first film is better. The sequel does use the same humor that was found in the first one, and this film really takes creativity to the max. The effort that was made to create all of the food hybrids really add a fun vibe to the movie. Kids will definitely enjoy this movie because of all the cute animal hybrids, the silly characters, and the pretty simple villain.

Overall, while I did enjoy this movie, the first one is definitely better. I liked how the plot of the sequel easily transitioned from the first and developed from there. I think that those who liked the first will like the second, but not as much. I would definitely recommend watching the first one because while this movie does do a quick backtrack of what happened in the first movie, the first film gives you an idea of what humor is used and what the characters are like. This will allow you to decide whether or not you want to watch the sequel. I would recommend this movie to anyone who is looking for a kids movie to watch and anyone who enjoyed the first film.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw6dECrl-BE

No comments:

Post a Comment