Monday, December 30, 2013

Warm Bodies

My sister and I watched this recently as just something to do. We had both seen this movie before and enjoyed it, so we decided to watch it again.

I am not a big fan of horror movies, but I wouldn't really classify this one as part of that genre. Yes there is a bit of horror movie violence but it's not over the top. This movie is really much more of an unconventional love story, and though I'm not the biggest fan of chick flicks/romance movies, the storyline was really unique. It follows the tale of a zombie named R (played by Nicholas Hoult) who falls in love with a human girl (played by Teresa Palmer).

What I enjoyed about this movie was how the movie was narrated. Because R can't speak, the audience goes through the movie with R's internal point of view. His thoughts are easy to connect to and his point of view adds to the comedic parts of the movie. The movie has it's funny moments and it tends to stay on the lighter side of things. I also really liked how the movie was an interesting take on Romeo and Juliet, which can be seen through the characters names and certain events that occur throughout the movie.

Overall, I liked this movie and thought it was really interesting. While it was a romance movie and once and a while tended to have those usual cliches found in those kinds of movies, I liked how it was a different spin on that genre. I enjoyed the internal narration of R and how it really kept the plot moving. I thought this film was a unique one and I recommend it to anyone looking for a romance movie, a comedy, or just something interesting.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07s-cNFffDM

No comments:

Post a Comment