Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Bande a part ("Band of Outsiders")

I watched this in my Tarantino film class to understand what influenced Tarantino as a filmmaker. One filmmaker that was influential was Jean-Luc Godard, who was one of the main figures in the French New Wave film movement. This film is one of Godard's more accessible films, meaning that American audiences would connect to it better than some of his other films. I personally am not a big fan of French New Wave, so I didn't find this movie that entertaining overall. There are some high points, and the plot is well-thought out, but I just found myself kind of bored. Overall, I found the movie pretty average but I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys watching French New Wave and anyone who is interested in seeing a French New Wave film.

Fun Fact: Quentin Tarantino's production company A Band Apart, is based on this movie.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzVNh8glTok

No comments:

Post a Comment