Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Mummy (1999 Version)

I just watched this recently because my mom has never seen it before. I didn't realize until now that it is actually a remake of the 1932 movie starring Boris Karloff. Based on its remake status, it's a pretty solid update on the 1932 version. It keeps the same basic plot of the original but makes it a much more modern tale. The special effects are probably the coolest part of this movie, the most impressive of the special effects is the mummy slowly forming into a human throughout a good chunk of the movie. The movie adds some bits of humor and lots of action in comparison to the original being an old monster movie, so it is a fun movie to watch. I enjoyed watching this movie again, and I would recommend it to someone who is looking for a decent action movie.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3ptPtxWJRs

No comments:

Post a Comment